CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

how to setup and measured the baud rate?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young

how to setup and measured the baud rate?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:07 am     Reply with quote

I am think you setup baud rate and measure it, but How could I do it?
Sherpa Doug

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

The most practical way is to use an oscilloscope. If you send a string of the character "U" it is real easy to see a bit length.
If you can't get a scope you could send a long string of maybe 1000 characters and time it with a stopwatch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

Thank you:
I am trying to use the wireless communication. so far for a near diatance it is working well, but a little bit farther, the data start to having delay and some noise. I am trying to intensify my signal to get stable data, and I hear that the baud rate is one of the issue.

I will try to see if baud rate keep stable using oscilloscope, if there is a little different between two chips (same as two 16f76 chips), is it able to calibrate them to same frequency?

what other ways to make a wireless communication more stable?
rwyoung

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:39 pm     Reply with quote

Google for "Manchester Encoding"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:43 am     Reply with quote

I searched and take a home work at it and understand how manchester en/decoding working. I think it is just a software way to satblize the TX/RX remote communication/ are there any physical encoder/dedcorder that I can use?
rwyoung

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:19 am     Reply with quote

young wrote:
I searched and take a home work at it and understand how manchester en/decoding working. I think it is just a software way to satblize the TX/RX remote communication/ are there any physical encoder/dedcorder that I can use?

Yes you can buy chips but probably most people implement the scheme in either programmable logic (CPLD or FPGA) or a microcontroller.

The general idea is to keep approximately the same number of 0 to 1 as 1 to 0 transitions so that your transmitter and or receiver never spend too long at a single level. Prevents possible saturation of the analog circuits and helps the receiving hardware extract the clock so that it can keep a lock on the data stream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: