CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Help with TCP/IP Lean >> ICD2 >>MPLAB6.2 >>

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse_clicker

Help with TCP/IP Lean >> ICD2 >>MPLAB6.2 >>
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:55 pm     Reply with quote

MPLAB 6.2, 16F877, ICD2, PCW, PCM 3.157

Hi Folks,

I've done a few projects using PCW, PCM, ICD, MPLAB 5.whateveritwas.

Just recently, I've upgraded to MPLAB6.2 and ICD2, and I've built a PICDEM.net work alike unit to experiment with. I'm working my way through Jeremy Bentham's TCP/IP Lean book which comes with a CD with code to experiment with. I know there's probably going to be some hardware differences to work around, since I made my own PICDEM thing, but I haven't got that far yet.

Here's what I'm experiencing:

I copied the files from the CD to my hard drive, opened the P16WEB project in PCW. PCW displays the file P16WEB.C. However, when I click the compile button, nothing happens. No errors, no nothing. When I open MPLAB from PCW, MPLAB starts, but doesn't open up with the same project. If I try to open the P16WEB project in MPLAB, it's clear that MPLAB6.2 uses a different project file than *.PJT. MPLAB6.2 has a project file conversion utility, but it doesn't support CCS projects (so it says).

Now, I've got the idea that I should, with this project, be using MPLAB5.XX and ICD. Is this so?

If I want to use MPLAB6.2 and ICD2, will I have to hand construct a project file in the newer project file format and file name? If I do that, will I still be able to open the project in PCW.

Gosh, what a mess! And I haven't even got to my hardware yet.

Thanks for any help, ideas, tips, tricks,

Greg

Re: Help with TCP/IP Lean >> ICD2 >>MPLAB6.2 >
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:47 am     Reply with quote

:=Here's what I'm experiencing:
:=
:=I copied the files from the CD to my hard drive, opened the P16WEB project in PCW. PCW displays the file P16WEB.C. However, when I click the compile button, nothing happens. No errors, no nothing. When I open MPLAB from PCW, MPLAB starts, but doesn't open up with the same project. If I try to open the P16WEB project in MPLAB, it's clear that MPLAB6.2 uses a different project file than *.PJT. MPLAB6.2 has a project file conversion utility, but it doesn't support CCS projects (so it says).

Greg

I have had this problem before. You must remove the 'read only' property that gets set on all CD-ROM files. Then the compiler will accept the C file. You may notice, if have syntax highlighting, that the C file you were tring to compile did not have any highlighting. Well hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:03 pm     Reply with quote

:=:=Here's what I'm experiencing:
:=:=
:=:=I copied the files from the CD to my hard drive, opened the P16WEB project in PCW. PCW displays the file P16WEB.C. However, when I click the compile button, nothing happens. No errors, no nothing. When I open MPLAB from PCW, MPLAB starts, but doesn't open up with the same project. If I try to open the P16WEB project in MPLAB, it's clear that MPLAB6.2 uses a different project file than *.PJT. MPLAB6.2 has a project file conversion utility, but it doesn't support CCS projects (so it says).
:=Greg
:=I have had this problem before. You must remove the 'read only' property that gets set on all CD-ROM files. Then the compiler will accept the C file. You may notice, if have syntax highlighting, that the C file you were tring to compile did not have any highlighting. Well hope this helps.

Ed, Good Work! At least now, I can open the project in PCW and it will compile. That's one down.

What can I do about opening and using this project in MPLAB6.2 with ICD2?

Will MPLAB5.x and MPLAB6.x mess up each other if I have them installed on the same machine?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:47 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,
you could import the hexfile to MPLAB 6.x or you can download and install the MPLAB-plugin from CCS site <a href="http://www.ccsinfo.com/mplab6.exe" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ccsinfo.com/mplab6.exe</a> and create a new project.

/Robert

:=:=:=Here's what I'm experiencing:
:=:=:=
:=:=:=I copied the files from the CD to my hard drive, opened the P16WEB project in PCW. PCW displays the file P16WEB.C. However, when I click the compile button, nothing happens. No errors, no nothing. When I open MPLAB from PCW, MPLAB starts, but doesn't open up with the same project. If I try to open the P16WEB project in MPLAB, it's clear that MPLAB6.2 uses a different project file than *.PJT. MPLAB6.2 has a project file conversion utility, but it doesn't support CCS projects (so it says).
:=:=Greg
:=:=I have had this problem before. You must remove the 'read only' property that gets set on all CD-ROM files. Then the compiler will accept the C file. You may notice, if have syntax highlighting, that the C file you were tring to compile did not have any highlighting. Well hope this helps.
:=Ed, Good Work! At least now, I can open the project in PCW and it will compile. That's one down.
:=What can I do about opening and using this project in MPLAB6.2 with ICD2?
:=Will MPLAB5.x and MPLAB6.x mess up each other if I have them installed on the same machine?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:07 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks, but am I right in assuming, since MPLAB6.x doesn't use the .pjt project file, that projects can't be opened in both PCW and MPLAB6.x and shifted back and forth like the good ole days of PCW and MPLAB5.x?

Thanks,

G

:=Hi,
:=you could import the hexfile to MPLAB 6.x or you can download and install the MPLAB-plugin from CCS site <a href="http://www.ccsinfo.com/mplab6.exe" TARGET="_blank"> <a href="http://www.ccsinfo.com/mplab6.exe" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ccsinfo.com/mplab6.exe</a></a> and create a new project.
:=/Robert
:=:=:=:=Here's what I'm experiencing:
:=:=:=:=
:=:=:=:=I copied the files from the CD to my hard drive, opened the P16WEB project in PCW. PCW displays the file P16WEB.C. However, when I click the compile button, nothing happens. No errors, no nothing. When I open MPLAB from PCW, MPLAB starts, but doesn't open up with the same project. If I try to open the P16WEB project in MPLAB, it's clear that MPLAB6.2 uses a different project file than *.PJT. MPLAB6.2 has a project file conversion utility, but it doesn't support CCS projects (so it says).
:=:=:=Greg
:=:=:=I have had this problem before. You must remove the 'read only' property that gets set on all CD-ROM files. Then the compiler will accept the C file. You may notice, if have syntax highlighting, that the C file you were tring to compile did not have any highlighting. Well hope this helps.
:=:=Ed, Good Work! At least now, I can open the project in PCW and it will compile. That's one down.
:=:=What can I do about opening and using this project in MPLAB6.2 with ICD2?
:=:=Will MPLAB5.x and MPLAB6.x mess up each other if I have them installed on the same machine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: