CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Is the VDD connection on ISCP header neccessary for ICD-40?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blak3r

Is the VDD connection on ISCP header neccessary for ICD-40?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

I have a small circuit with a small power supply that can only provide 10mA. Vdd on the circuit is 3.3V and my PIC is a 16LF628.

Since i have a ICD-40U which is self powered from the USB port. Is it okay to not connect the VDD Pin on a ICSP header?

Also, are there any other things i should know about since my operating voltage for all my ICs is 3.3V?

http://www.blakerobertson.com
Chas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, you need to connect your Vdd to the ICD interface. It is used by the ICD for reference when it drives the MCLR line. Look at the post in this forum about about "different frequencies" which is a couple of lines below this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:40 pm     Reply with quote

Hmm... So if VDD is operating at 3.3V then does it drive the MCLR line with a 3.3V logic level opposed to 5V?

Thanks
bdavis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:01 pm     Reply with quote

I think /MCLR is driven to 12 to 13 volts from the ICD when programming, not 5V or 3.3V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: