CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

In circuit serial debugger with ICD-U64 on DSPIC33EP256GP504

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levdev

In circuit serial debugger with ICD-U64 on DSPIC33EP256GP504
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:45 pm     Reply with quote

I am using a board with DSPIC33EP256GP504, and programming with the ICD-U64 (latest HW and FW revisions). I am using compiler version 5.070. The device programs fine and runs, albeit with a few bugs I need to resolve. However I can't get the debug (ICD) mode to work, it comes up with an error stating there are 1447 verification errors, and the likely cause is 'failure to properly erase'.

I have the following fuses set:

Code:

#device   ICD=3
#fuses    DEBUG
#fuses    NOJTAG

Am I missing something obvious?

I have tried different ICD-U64's as we have a few of these, but all report the same error.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or answers.
temtronic

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 pm     Reply with quote

OK, I don't use either but I'll take a stab at it...

Does ICD=3, mean it uses the 3rd set of pins to interface the PIC to the debugger hardware ? If so, confirm you've got the correct connections.
I'm sure those famliar with your equipment will respond but it mght take awhile...
Jay
levdev

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:48 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, ICD=3 means using the 3rd programming port, and yes I've got the right connections, as i can program and verify the device.

However today I managed to get it working. I updated the Firmware of the ICD-U64 from 3.21 to 3.26, and ran a delete chip from ccs load, then after that the debugger started working. I'm not sure either of these things were really the solution, but for now it is working.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:44 pm     Reply with quote

Recent chips in some cases need really new firmware. I've had a couple recently that needed to be updated to the very latest releases to work. Almost certainly the firmware update was the key fix.
Glad you have it sorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: