CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

T118L i2c config

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michalha1

T118L i2c config
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:17 am     Reply with quote

Hi.
I have a LCD of a broken car radio. The LCD is AU070i651 / HSD070i651. The LCD controller is T118L. It was controlled via i2c. The microprocessor is destroyed. Would anyone help me with code to activate T118L? I would use it only as an AV LCD, timedue to try to start the OSD font. The microprocessor is PIC18F4550 or PIC12F1840.
Thank you very much.

T118L: https://wenku.baidu.com/view/a8a36823aaea998fcc220e85.html?from=search&pn=50
HSD070i651: http://www.beyondinfinite.com/lcd/Library/Hannstar/HSD070I651.pdf
temtronic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:12 am     Reply with quote

1st, I'd choose another PIC. the 4550 has USB but needs a LOT of memory for the driver. The 1840 doesn't have enough pins or memory. Personnally I use the 18F46K22 for 99% of my products and have yet to run out of pins, peripherals or memory. Also it works at 3 OR 5 volts, be sure to check what you need !

2nd, once you decide on a PIC, burn the I2C scanner program located in the 'loaded library' to see IF the PIC can locate the LCD chip. If this doesn't work, then the chip may be dead as well.

Once that is sucessful, then use Google to locate a 'driver' for the controller. If you find a driver, you may have to convert into CCS C. It's fairly easy to do, depending on how familiar you are with C. Don't expect anyone to have a complete driver, though the Internet does surprise me everyday !!

It is a do-able project, providing the hardware isn't faulty.

Jay
michalha1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:25 am     Reply with quote

T118L is a graphics processor with ADC. Unfortunately, it is universal. Therefore, it is necessary to set the registers according to the LCD used. I'm hoping somebody else is wise in this. I2c scanner found me: 0x50 (default by datasheet), 0x52, 0x54, 0x56, 0x58, 0x5A, 0x5C, 0x5E and 0x92 (touch screen).
temtronic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:36 pm     Reply with quote

Well the good news is the controller isn't dead so the project has some hope.
I'd still see what Google can find as the next step....

Jay
michalha1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:44 pm     Reply with quote

Google I've read. But I found nothing. I barely found the datasheet.
This is me on i2c communication and the registry settings. If I got something through google, I'd do it anyway as needed.
I'm sorry for my English.
temtronic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:06 am     Reply with quote

I've tried for an hour looking for a proper PDF and more info about the device and came up with ZERO. Sigh. That's my 3rd strike today. Lost out on a tractor, a 20K L water tote and now a simple PDF.
It does look like that combination of parts is used in a lot of 'screens' so maybe contact a mfr for more help?
I do know the 'driver' will NOT be small or easy to code,so be prepared to spend a LOT of time on this. I know you'd like to 'make it work' but life is too short...

As for a PIC you will need a 'big, fast, packed' one like the 18F46K22 as you'll need lots of program space for the driver and RAM for data.

Jay
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:33 am     Reply with quote

What you have is the 'overview' sheet, not the data sheet for the controller. Without a full data sheet, you might as well 'give up'...
Now the odds are that the manufacturer only supply the sheet to companies intending to use the controller in large quantities, and probably require an NDA before you can get it.
There are other problems though. Unless the I2C allows you to read the internal SRAM, as well as write to it, any normal graphic operation like line drawing, is going to require the processor to hold a copy of the display RAM in memory. Few PIC's are going to have enough RAM for this. It's not actually the sort of thing the PIC is really 'good' at....
If you are prepared to accept only being able to draw graphics in some limited mode, then you may well be able to get this working, but it's going to be a lot of work, and impossible without the full data sheet.
michalha1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:09 pm     Reply with quote

There is no need for speed and memory to control. I just need to set the chip to activate the adc video converter and set the output for lcd. For someone simple, for me, probably above my abilities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: