CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How to Send Biosignals Over Internet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biomed12

How to Send Biosignals Over Internet
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:21 pm     Reply with quote

Hello dear members,

I should send adc datas which comes from biosensor (electrocardiogram). Briefly, how can i do this ? Now i watch ecg signals from pic to labview via serial port. I want to send this datas over internet and watch them from another computer.

Thanks.

Last edited by biomed12 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
temtronic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:36 pm     Reply with quote

send the serial data you already have to a RS-232<>WIFI adapter, maybe an ESP2866 WIFI module ?

Just be sure the voltages are correct as most 'modules' are 3 volt devices and don't like 5 volt PICs !!

Jay
biomed12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:40 pm     Reply with quote

temtronic wrote:
send the serial data you already have to a RS-232<>WIFI adapter, maybe an ESP2866 WIFI module ?

Just be sure the voltages are correct as most 'modules' are 3 volt devices and don't like 5 volt PICs !!

Jay

Is this just for local area?
temtronic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:55 pm     Reply with quote

Well the WIFI link gets you to a wireless router or PC (another computer) which I assume is tied to a cable modem after that have another PC or 'smart device' ask it for the data...

If you actually want the PIC to DIRECTLY have the data available for anyone on the internet, you still need some form of interenet access, typically a cable modem, cell phone tower, etc. You haven't said HOW you can access the Internet. Some could call it 'IoT' or Internet of Things.

Getting the data from PIC to the Net is easy....

Jay
biomed12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:55 pm     Reply with quote

temtronic wrote:
Well the WIFI link gets you to a wireless router or PC (another computer) which I assume is tied to a cable modem after that have another PC or 'smart device' ask it for the data...

If you actually want the PIC to DIRECTLY have the data available for anyone on the internet, you still need some form of interenet access, typically a cable modem, cell phone tower, etc. You haven't said HOW you can access the Internet. Some could call it 'IoT' or Internet of Things.

Getting the data from PIC to the Net is easy....

Jay

HOW easy? Very particularly now my pic device is connected to the labview sofware to see datas realtime. Now I want to pick my laptop and i want to see these datas anywhere where is out of my home. I can see temprature of my home via a web server BUT i mention about 500 samples per second at least. You always say HOW HOW HOW HOW. It is very disturbing if i knew i wouldn't write here. I want to learn your easy ways, which documents, which protocols, which circuits.. maybe some sample projects. Cell tower..
ezflyr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:28 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

It's really quite simple actually. A PIC, an ESP8266 WiFi module, and your biomedical sensors is all it takes. I cobbled together a circuit and code to monitor my outdoor spa temperature via the internet in a single afternoon. I upload new temperature data to the ThingSpeak (www.thingspeak.com) data service once a minute, and I can view that data from anywhere I can find an internet connection.

These days what you desire is pretty darn trivial!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing in real hardware!
asmallri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:15 pm     Reply with quote

ezflyr wrote:
Hi,

It's really quite simple actually. A PIC, an ESP8266 WiFi module, and your biomedical sensors is all it takes. I cobbled together a circuit and code to monitor my outdoor spa temperature via the internet in a single afternoon. I upload new temperature data to the ThingSpeak (www.thingspeak.com) data service once a minute, and I can view that data from anywhere I can find an internet connection.

These days what you desire is pretty darn trivial!

It is even simpler, you do not need the PIC.

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
gjs_rsdi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:48 am     Reply with quote

Biomed12

You got some ideas from forum members, but:
You want to learn how to make this project or you want someone to make the project for you?

Best wishes
Joe
biomed12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:02 am     Reply with quote

gjs_rsdi wrote:
Biomed12

You got some ideas from forum members, but:
You want to learn how to make this project or you want someone to make the project for you?

Best wishes
Joe

I want do it definitely. I have learned a way: socket programming. I asked our head of department who is a communication professor and he told me that UDP is the best way to implement this. Now I am looking for this. Don't do this anyone again. I didn't say anyone to make this project or mean it. It is not final project or any homework. Just for learning!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: