CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Mystery second definition in the IDE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ttelmah

Mystery second definition in the IDE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:30 am     Reply with quote

Having an 'oddity'.

On a couple of functions.
First noticed on

usb_put_packet.

If I hover over it in the IDE, it shows two definitions:

int1 usb_put_packet(unsigned int8 endpoint, unsigned int8 * ptr, unsigned int16 len, USB_DTS_BIT tgl);
int1 usb_put_packet(unsigned int8 endpoint, unsigned int8 * ptr, unsigned int16 len, USB_DTS_BIT tgl, int8 * ptr, int16 max);

Now the second (obviously) cannot work (since ptr has two definitions), so assuming there was an incorrect definition, I wanted to get rid of it. However using 'search' 'find text in files', on 'files in project', for 'usb_put_packet(unsigned', only finds the first definition (and it's prototype).
Then tried the search again, using all the 'include' directories, and it still only finds the primary definition.

So it's behaving as if the IDE is somehow corrupting it's 'knowledge' of function definitions. (In fact the last part of the second definition, looks like it is the tail of the 'usb_get_packet' definition)....

Have since found it is also doing similar things on a couple of other functions.
It is still compiling OK, and this seems to have only started when the code went over perhaps 40000 lines.
Re-compiling does not fix the oddity.

So, 'anyone else seen similar things'?.
Any suggestions for fix?.

Since with code this size it is rather 'nice' to have a reminder of the syntax required for a function (one of the points of paying for the IDE), I'd like to find a cause/fix.

Will contact CCS anyway, but obviously quicker if a fix is already known. Smile
newguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:48 am     Reply with quote

Actually noticed the same thing with 4.141 quite some time ago. Since the code compiled fine and ran fine, I just gave it a *shrug* and forgot about it.

This was also with very large projects. Can't say I noticed it with smaller projects as none of my projects are small.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:04 am     Reply with quote

At least I am not alone.

There are also some other oddities. If you use 'right click', and select 'paste' using this, it takes about a minute for anything to happen.
I suspect the IDE is running out of memory somewhere.

It may also relate to how many files are involved. Currently at 28.

Maybe I'll have to switch to using MCU's, but given how buggy these were last time I tried, I am loth to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: