CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

where can i find lib tft for 16f887

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garen

where can i find lib tft for 16f887
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:06 pm     Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I have a project to connect pic 16f887 with tft, but it seems so difficult to me, i need a library tft. I just need tft touchscreen to show image from my pc and when i touch in tft then led on.
temtronic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:20 am     Reply with quote

You need to post them fr/make/model info or a link to the specsheet for your 'tft'. Nobody here can possibly KNOW which one of hundreds of 'tft' you have!

Jay
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:22 am     Reply with quote

More than that though.
If you have a 'bare' TFT display, the PIC is never going to drive it. You need a controller chip between the PIC and the actual TFT. It is the controller chip that the PIC then drives, and the part number for this may then allow us to point to a driver for this. Also if the display is anything larger than only a relatively small unit, you are likely to need a PIC with more RAM....
drolleman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:28 pm     Reply with quote

Even if there is a controller chip, the 887 at 320x240 is going to be painfully slow. I started with a 18f part at 48mhz and it had a slow refresh rate. then switched to a 33ep part and it was still noticeably slow on refreshing the screen but I live with it. The full screen refresh rate is 5 frames a second. the 887 will be about 5 seconds per frame.

If you look at the documentation on the lcd it should show what the device needs to be sent to operate. It's not easy, like Ttelmah stated it will need a controller chip, or use the 24f da part, it has a controller built in. If this is a school project, you better allocate a lot of hours to complete it.
garen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:24 am     Reply with quote

garen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:58 am     Reply with quote

Do you have library for this tft use ili9341 and ads7843 in ccs.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:39 am     Reply with quote

It really depends massively, what you actually want to 'do'.

As Temtronic has pointed out, speed will be a problem. If you only want to draw text, and basic lines, the SPI mode could be used with only three processor lines, and update would not be too bad.
However for anything more complex, speed would become very slow, and if you start wanting to do things like modify lines across stuff already written to the display, will become unacceptable, unless you either have a lot more RAM in the PIC (so you can hold a copy of the data on the screen), or switch to using a lot more pins (18 more to allow direct access to the memory bus).

To put an 'image' would not actually be hard, but the question is where you are going to get it from?. Your chip does not have the memory to actually hold much of an image for this. A single screen on this display, involves (320*200*16)/8 bytes of data. 128KB. Your PIC has just 16K of ROM, and 368bytes of RAM....

For this reason, I doubt if anybody would have written a driver for your processor.
garen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:08 am     Reply with quote

I just need to create a simple icon in this tft, like a button, led, a simple HMI to control led instead of real button, or led, that so. But I don't have any document or tutorial about that except datasheet. Can you show me a simple code to write character 'A' with red color in tft ?

I think I just do something simple like that to understand how to control tft and then I probably will use pic with more than memories like pic 24f.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: