CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Pressure sensor Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucasromeiro

Pressure sensor Help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:41 pm     Reply with quote

Hello guys, okay?

I have a problem.
I have a board that makes analog readings from a pressure sensor called: mpx5050
It measures up to 5 meters of water column.
My problem is:
- Making the correct reading and processing the data read by the ADC in the water column meter (mH2O or cmH2O).
I read in several places, some say to use equation of finding two points, others speak to use the graph equation, since others speak to use a formula specifies error compensation.
But I could not do, do not know what to do.

Can anyone help me?
temtronic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:59 am     Reply with quote

I've used similar sensors in the past (Honeywell as well as Moto parts).
You should run the part from a PRECISE VCC not just the PIC 5 volt supply. This will allow for a constant reading.
You should use the 2 point reading (0 and near max) as each sensor will need to be calibrated. I think 5M of water is about 8PSI differential, just a number to consider.
For testing I'd build 3 columns, 1 say with 4 inches of water (0), 2nd with 5M of water(max) and one you can vary. This way you can quickly calibrate each sensor. If only 2 or 3 sensors are needed for the project, just use nail polish on them !none=sensor #1, red =#2, org=#3 AND keep a log of the results.
When taking readings use the 'Olympic' averaging method to avoid 'bad' readings.

Jay
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:23 am     Reply with quote

I've used a lot of these sensors (and other similar variants) over the years.

Use a separate nicely smoothed 5v to feed the sensor and the Avdd pin on the PIC. Follow the decoupling suggestion in the data sheet. These are accurate to +/-2.5% without any calibration, and typically do better. You can get a more accurate result by applying a calibration, especially if the temperature range is relatively small.
You don't need a very accurate reference for this, _provided_ noise is low, and this is the same supply used to feed the PIC AVdd. The units are _ratiometric_ to their supply. However they are badly upset by noise, so keeping this separate from the PIC supply helps massively.

So you may not need a calibration at all...
Depends totally on what sort of accuracy you need?.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: