CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to CCS Technical Support

Bootloader PCD Pic24EP up to 512?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pieter

Bootloader PCD Pic24EP up to 512?
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:31 pm     Reply with quote

Can our CCS engineers please include the EP devices in the Bootloader drivers and examples?
Also please check the parameters in:
pcd_bootloader.h
loader_pcd.c
to accomodate the EP devices up to Pic24EP512?

I requested this months ago.
It will be well appreciated when done.
Thank you.
jeremiah

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this isn't Tech Support. This is just a user forum. We are all customers here just sharing ideas/experience. If you need specific chip support you have to talk with Tech Support over the phone or via email.

That said, what is missing from the PCD bootloader that prevents it from working with the chip you mentioned?
pieter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:46 pm     Reply with quote

The forum is extensively used for Problems. This you do not mention. And it is used for any CCS related matters. Tech Support does or did not reply to several technical matters but they also participate on the forum. So thanks, its ok for me to address technical problems here.
RF_Developer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:14 am     Reply with quote

pieter wrote:
Tech Support does or did not reply to several technical matters but they also participate on the forum. So thanks, its ok for me to address technical problems here.

As Jeremiah has already written, CCS technical support DO NOT participate on this forum. I have never seen any message here from anyone at CCS. This is provided by CCS as a self-help forum for users to assist each other. We cannot comment on, nor predict what CCS may or may not do. We don't have any influence of what features CCS may provide, nor which processors and features it supports. We are just users sharing our experiences and trying to help each other out.

Of course it's OK to discuss technical problems here. However, we cannot fix CCS's problems, though we might be able to suggest a workaround in some cases.

CCS's drivers and examples, including bootloaders, are provided as example code. They are, in most cases, not intended to be drop-in code for any situation. They are a basis for your own further development. Users are expected to adapt them for other processors, and use them as learning aids. Put another way, if a bootloader doesn't support the processor you are using, then you are expected to adapt it so that it meets your needs, or learn from it and then write your own code that meets your needs. That way, you probably wouldn't have had to wait months for CCS to add support for your processor: you'd have done it yourself, and been up and running for weeks by now.

I say this as I come from a time, as do many of us here, when there were no examples and no "drivers" and we had to build our own code for new devices and processors from the ground up, and generally in assembler. For us, there's no question of expecting someone else to write our code, not even CCS. We get on with it and do it ourselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: