CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

vnc1l Vinculum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nasbyc

vnc1l Vinculum
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:19 am     Reply with quote

I have question regarding vnc1l (data logger). I managed to write data into a file. I'm wondering is it posible to write into multiple file because I have alot of data thus its convenient if it can be stored to separate file. Currently I tried to programmed it in while loop which I open the first file write, clse then open second file, write close file. the result I get is just one line in first file and several line on second file (which an error because it include the data should be write into first file). Thus I want to know is it possible write into multiple files
temtronic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 am     Reply with quote

Yes it's possible!
I have a datalogger that creates a new file every day at midnight,filename based on month and day of month.

The Vinculum writes a 'buffer' of data at a time when closing a file so I think you're 'overlapping' the data, putting the 1st files last data stored into the 2nd files beginning data.

One way to avoid this is to write the data,close file,reopen it.It's been awhile since I played with the setup but I needed to do that sequence to be sure a power failure didn't lose the last 256 bytes of buffered data.
Every computer stores data to files this way,that's why it's vital to 'write.close.open'.

I do know you can run it at 115K200 without handshaking and not lose any data .

hth
jay
nasbyc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 am     Reply with quote

thank you for your answer. maybe my questions not very clear. what i wish to do is for example you have data1,data2....................up to data32. which each data comprise of values from different sensors.

what Iintend to do is to devide the data into multiple file. for example data1............data16 into first file and other data into second file. so what I do in my while loop, there are two identical calling function to open.write.close for separate file name. but its not working properly, there are an error when I read the data
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: