CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

A *3* error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nepersky

A *3* error
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 am     Reply with quote

Hello!

When compiling a simple program showed bellow, I am constantly getting the following error:

Quote:
--- Info 300 "[file directory]\16F1827.h" Line 2(9,15): More info: *3* Error
*** Error 44 "[file directory]\16F1827.h" Line 2(9,15): Internal Error - Contact CCS OUTPUT FILE 1 Errors, 0 Warnings.

The line 2 in the 16F1827.h file is #device PIC16F1827.

The simple program is:
Code:
// main .c file

#include "16F1827.h"
int i=0;
void main()
{

while(1)
   {
      i++;
      i++;
      i--;
      i--;
   }
}

Can anyone offer any help with this? I can not find any description of the *3* error. And the output error file only consists of the quote I wrote above. Is there any other output file which holds additional information about what went wrong?

If I make the same program with PIC18F24J11 it works. So instead of #include "16F1827.h" I write #include "18F24J11.h".

The program was written in MPLAB and the compiler versions are 4.112 (IDE,PCB,PCM) and 4.121 (PCH)

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Cheers!

[EDIT]: I tried to use PCW instead of MPLAB and I get the same error with some further explanation: Cannot open file "C:\PICC\tmp-test\test.esym". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another proccess.

[EDIT - further testing]: I tried some other PICs and the problem seems to be limited to PIC16Fs. With 18Fs it seems to work. Before I tried 18F24J11 and now I also tired the PIC18F26J53. It works. With PIC16F1827, PIC16F1826 and PIC16F1933 the problem exists.
heUAcyp

header file
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:59 am     Reply with quote

Are you sure you include the header file of PIC 16F1827 in .mcw ? Just changing the #include isn't enough
Nepersky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:51 am     Reply with quote

I am not sure what the.mcw is. How do I check if it is included correctly?

But I think that it should be, because I started the project with the project wizard, where I gave the right PIC. Also, when going to conigure-select device, the right chip is already chosen in the device field.
And when changing between different PICs from 18F series, it works. And I always take the same steps (with 16F and 18F).

Still, I would appreciate any clarification regarding the .mcw file.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: