CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Extra character on 128X64 GLCD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
selim54

Extra character on 128X64 GLCD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:53 pm     Reply with quote

Hi

I use the graphics.c library but I need to print the Turkish character on GLCD. How should I do that? Does anyone know something about how to create new character for glcd?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:56 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

The GLCD characters are nothing more than bit constants that define a character. A '1' bit causes a pixel to be ON, while a '0' bit turns OFF a pixel. I would recommend that you get a piece of graph paper and mark off a 5 X 7 block and get a feel for how the character codes are used to make a character on the GLCD. Once you have that, you can make your own characters. The are also free GLCD character creation programs that take PC system fonts and translate GLCD characters. If everything remains 5 X 7, it's pretty straightforward and all you will need to do is generate new codes. If you want larger characters, it's a bit more programming, but it can be done.

Chas
treitmey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:34 am     Reply with quote

http://dreamsware.info/fontgen/index.html

http://dreamsware.info/fontgen/multilingual.html
John P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:33 am     Reply with quote

Here's a picture of a graphic LCD panel displaying the Helvetica font from Windows. I wrote software to grab it off the computer screen at the size I wanted, then figured out a way to store the data so a PIC could get it for display puposes. Helvetica is a variable-width font, so that had to be part of the plan too. It was all a lot of work (I won't get into describing the hardware) but model railroading is a vitally important field of endeavor.

http://files.myopera.com/John98wbr/albums/661338/lcd.jpg

The screen is a 640x480 model that I found at a surplus dealer for $11. For that money, I had to have it. And there was a matching touchscreen lying around. The combination is very nice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: