CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Create a PDF file on an SD card ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdfnow

Create a PDF file on an SD card ?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:56 pm     Reply with quote

I can read/write to sd cards using a PIC18f2620. Does anyone think there is a way to create a simple pdf file on the card with text only. If the use want to save a file with Hello World on the first line, what would the pdf file look like? Could it be created with CCS C and fit on a 18F2620? Thanks.
Rohit de Sa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:40 pm     Reply with quote

I don't think there is an easy way to create a pdf file using just text. You'd have to understand different parts of a PDF, which, IMHO, is not an easy task. PDFs are based on the PostScript language, and 'carry' with themselves several formatting options, images, strings, etc. Infact, a PDF is more like a script file, rather than a simple 'document'. This 'script file' like behaviour is what makes it platform independent.

From wiki:
Quote:
The PDF combines three technologies:

* A subset of the PostScript page description programming language, for generating the layout and graphics.
* A font-embedding/replacement system to allow fonts to travel with the documents.
* A structured storage system to bundle these elements and any associated content into a single file, with data compression where appropriate.

Rohit
mbradley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 am     Reply with quote

I have in the past made a pdf template, then did a replace at specific byte locations to put my own text. Open a pdf in a hex editor, find the locations, that might help.

Other than that, look for some php source on creating pdf's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: