CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

bootloader information needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teekaytk

bootloader information needed
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:37 am     Reply with quote

hello
its the first time i am working with the bootloader. i want to use the example bootloader for the pic18f452 and pic18f4520

i have a few questions

is there a significance of the pin_b5 being used for boot load?
i want to modify it so that it no longer waits for the pin rather , if it gets data in the first two seconds then it puts in the new data otherwise it goes on to the application. is there a way to do this?

also i got the following error when i included the bootloader.h file in code to be bootloaded, any ideas how to resolve this

--- Info 300 "C:\Documents and Settings\tk31\Desktop\post.c" Line 1556(0,1): More info: Segment at 00000-004FE (0000 used) Priv
--- Info 300 "C:\Documents and Settings\tk31\Desktop\post.c" Line 1556(0,1): More info: Segment at 00500-00506 (0004 used) Priv
--- Info 300 "C:\Documents and Settings\tk31\Desktop\post.c" Line 1556(0,1): More info: Segment at 00508-07CBE (0000 used)
--- Info 300 "C:\Documents and Settings\tk31\Desktop\post.c" Line 1556(0,1): More info: Attempted to create: 00506-005B4 for ISR
*** Error 126 "C:\Documents and Settings\tk31\Desktop\post.c" Line 1556(0,1): Invalid ORG range
1 Errors, 2 Warnings.

thanks

TK
teekaytk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:28 am     Reply with quote

anyone?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:59 am     Reply with quote

No significance whatsoever.
Yes. However it brings the 'penalty', of a fairly long delay at boot, and obviously needs care to ensure that the code really is getting legitimate data.
Looks like you have included something else in front of bootloader.h. This must be the _first_ file included, after the chip configuration. Otherwise any routines defined in the other files will already be located in the reserved memory area.

Best Wishes
teekaytk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:35 am     Reply with quote

thanks Ttelmah
this is the probably the second or third time you have helped me out. most appiciated. i shall check the position of the bootloader.h file to makesure it is the first one. thanks again

best regards

TK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: