CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Question on CCS PCD compiler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbarberis

Question on CCS PCD compiler
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:51 am     Reply with quote

I am a long time user of the CCS compiler and currently have the latest version of the PCWHD compiler (4.071) Although I have purchased the PCD compiler, other than some preliminary testing early during beta phase, I have not used it for any serious projects. At this point, I am quite happy with the V4 compiler and have completed many designs for the PIC18 family with minimal problems. However, I have a new design project where I will be using both a DSPIC and the PIC24H and I am somewhat hesitant to undertake this job with the CCS compiler and perhaps will have to do it with the mplab C30 compiler. My question for this forum is; has anyone been successful creating working code with these high end devices using PCD? or has it been just a frustrating experience?
I am eager to hear any comments, before I jump into it and waste a lot of time. Thank you!
mkent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 am     Reply with quote

Hello Cbarberis, I have been trying to use a DSP33 for a data collection project as I need the large RAM.
I am NOT a PIC or C expert and always struggle a bit; that being said:
I got a LCD working, 12 bit ADC, CCP, and found the selectable open drain very handy.
The debug would not run for me.
I tried to use a RealICE with the CCS IDE and got a error.
You should look through the "sticky" posts at the top.
There is a good book on the 16 bit chips using MPLAB, C30:
http://www.flyingthepic24.com
Rolling Eyes
PCWHD 4.071

Last edited by mkent on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
cbarberis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:12 am     Reply with quote

Thank you for the information mkent,
I take it that whatever you acomplished in your project was using the CCS pcd compiler? If so, that's somewhat encouraging, thank you for the book reference (already have it and it is a great reference) I realize that the CCS compiler currently does not support any of the Microchip libraries (it's supposed to) that may be a compelling issue for the DSPIC project, as I will need some dsp functions and I am certainly not going to write assembler, so I may have no choice but to use the C30 compiler for that. However, I still like to know if anyone out there has susscessfully completed any serious applications using the CCS compiler with the PIC24H series Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: