CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

DHCP Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nazoa

DHCP Issue
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:59 am     Reply with quote

I seem to be getting a problem with the DHCP module in the CCS version of the v3.75 stack.

I find that if I connect my board to the network through a 3Com Office Connect hub all is well. The board gets an IP address from the server as expected.

Now, when I connect to the network through the main switch which is a Netgear GS116, the board never gets an IP address.

I had a look using Wireshark and what happens is that the board sends out a DHCP discover packet and the server responds with a DHCP offer packet. However, there is zero progress beyond this point. The board ignores the offer and simply sends out another DHCP discover packet and so an endless loop is set up.

Can anyone suggest where I should look to find out where things are going wrong?

Thanks! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: