CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Compiler comparisons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenaja

Compiler comparisons
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:13 pm     Reply with quote

Can any of you who have used more than one C compiler give a "non-biased" comparison? I've been using Basic, but now I'm getting ready for a PIC24 project, and the Basic stops at 18F's.

(And for those of you who are C-Elitists, don't bother comparing; I've coded in both, and find the individual compilers are more important than the language.)
Douglas Kennedy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:58 pm     Reply with quote

Most of are here with this board because CCS has done something right.
CCS has a balance between c elitism and easy of use. Look at the stickies above especially on the 24 PCD compiler. When I asked about PCD and its stability there wasn't a massive outpouring of praise. Microchip C30 does work but I don't see a large crowd leaving it and heading for PCD in fact the crowd is probably headed in the other direction. V4 the upgrade to V3 is functioning but then so was v3. The value in the V4 upgrade is in the support of newer chips and in features. The value to CCS was that v3 although capable of handing some new chips wasn't the platform they wanted going forward. The downside is that customers had the pain of debugging V4 for CCS. Customers are debugging PCD but it is not moving very quickly. Now PCD is only a $100 add on and if PCD were working this would be attractive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: