CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

#int_rda help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xindy

#int_rda help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:13 am     Reply with quote

hi everyone. my development kit has a microcontroller(18f4525) and a gsm module is attached to it. i have also incorporated an external UART and connect it directly to the PC. my question is if i use the interrupt #int_rda, is there a way of knowing where the available receive data in buffer 0 is coming from? is it coming from the GSM module or is it coming from the PC.. please help..
Matro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:21 am     Reply with quote

#int_RDA can only be triggered by the PIC built-in hardware USART module, but in no way by an external module.

Matro.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:42 am     Reply with quote

If you are using an external UART chip, this will normally have an interrupt _output_. This will need to be connected to another interrupt input on the chip (INT_EXT normally). You will only receive an RDA interrupt for the internal UART, but with this extra connection, you will receive an INT_EXT, for the external UART.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: