CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

USB Master using CCS proto board and 18F2550 to I/F joystick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdyckes

USB Master using CCS proto board and 18F2550 to I/F joystick
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:58 pm     Reply with quote

Title says it all, except that I want to use the above hardware to act as a USB master and read what I believe is effectively keyboad and mouse info from a Saitek X52 Pro flightstick with the idea of converting to software driven switches and programmable pot. output to interface via hard-wiring to a wired XBOX 360 controller.

I've searched for "USB Master", but can't find any pointers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction (I've got the CCS USB software and PCWH). Something to connect to the USB flightstick and save message blocks and transfer via RS232 to PC would do to start with for experimentation.

Any help appreciated, and I apologise if this has been covered before and I haven't been able to find it with a search.

Thx

Colin
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:33 pm     Reply with quote

Search for:
Quote:
USB host

or
Quote:
vinculum
cdyckes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:19 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks. I checked out 'FTDI Vinculum' and it certainly looks a possibility.

One question if you can answer it: Does the Vinculum need custom firmware programming or can it handle basic HID devices via SPI or DMA. If the latter, then I can easily drive it with a PIC and just work out what the relevant device registers mean.

Thanks again for the response.

Colin
cdyckes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:43 pm     Reply with quote

Quick update: After lots of reading, decided to go with the USBWhiz chipset as it seems to promise better joystick support (may or may not be true). Just ordered a full dev kit (for simplicity of checking it out) and a USBWhiz modules with USB and MMC/SD I/F for the final project.

Thx

Colin
cdyckes

USBWhiz is brilliant!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 am     Reply with quote

Ordered a USBWhiz Development System from crownhill.co.uk (not cheap, but definitely worth it), and a USBWhiz OEM-2 module with SD/MMC and two USB master/slaves for the first 'production' unit.

Ordered and despatched on Tuesday, received today, and instantly setup and tested reading/writing sd/mmc cards and USB sticks, and, more importantly for what I need, using the RS232 monitoring software to see what bytes are output by the Saitek X52 PRO by using Hyperterm.

Absolutely brilliant product!!

(no connection whatsoever with the company).

p.s. Don't know where all my old posts went, must have been deleted through inactibity :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: