CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

18f4550, ICD2 and EUSART problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kowales

18f4550, ICD2 and EUSART problem
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:22 am     Reply with quote

Hi,
I am developing some circuit with pic 18f4550 and there is something strange with eusart. I have written some test program and everything works well, but when I disconnect ICD2 from my board and run circuit everything works well except eusart. There is nothing on my hiperterminal. The only change I made was ICD2 disconnection. When I connect ICD2 I can see chars on my console immediately.

I am sure that fuses are correct. My reset circuit is pull up through 10k, capacitor 100n to ground, push button to ground and ICD2 through diode.

Can anybody help me ? What is the problem here ?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:08 am     Reply with quote

Have you got a ground connection on the serial cable?.
The behaviour is exactly what you would see if this is missing, with the PC ground being connected to the PC ground, 'via' the ICD when this is connected, and the connection floating, when the ICD is removed...

Best Wishes
kowales

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:41 am     Reply with quote

Thank you ver much. I haven't had ground connection in PC cable. I did it and everything works well. Once more time, thank You very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: