CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Advanced system control techniques

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bcox

Advanced system control techniques
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:08 pm     Reply with quote

I am interested in doing some hobby projects using advanced control systems. Has anyone had any luck designing control systems using neural networks or fuzzy logic on PICs? I have done this purely in a software/hardware-in-the-loop simulations using MATLAB while in college. Has anyone has success using this type of AI in these controllers? Thanks for your input!
jma_1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:05 pm     Reply with quote

Greetings,

I've played around with fuzzy logic on a servo motor control project using a PIC18F4585 and a potentiometer for lever arm position feedback. The logic I implemented used discrete steps and integer values instead of combining multiple rules into a continuous function. In the end, I wound up using PID with a few elements of fuzzy logic for special cases of motion. The fuzzy logic would have worked, but the requirements of the project and the time available for tuning was a little more than the PID solution.

Cheers,
JMA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: