CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Hooking into reset vector

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prwatCCS

Hooking into reset vector
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:26 am     Reply with quote

Is there a simple way of getting my own code to run immediately (ie placing at at the point pointed to by the reset vector) and thus before the CCS generated initialisation code?

I am using PIC18F1330, but question is really generic. I have some hardware that I want to initialise as soon as possible after reset, and want to avoid the delay created by CCS startup before entering main().

Note - I do still want to use the CCS startup code, rather than code that myself. In essence I want to insert code between the reset vector jump location and the CCS code that appears before main();

Ideas please ?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:15 am     Reply with quote

Use the same approach used for bootloaders. Just use the 'build' instruction, to locate the CCS bootvector at a higher point in memory, than the real boot, and then add your own code at the base of memory, which jumps to this address.

Best Wishes
prwatCCS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:11 am     Reply with quote

Thanks

as they say, I knew there must be a way .... I just could not for the life of me remember, and my searches in the help file under "reset" and "reset vector" had revealed nothing.

Now my only challenge, no - one of my remaining challenges, is to squeeze the code into the 18F1330. Sadly no space for a bootloader !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: