CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Anyone know of a serial data acquisition into excel for ccs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cypher

Anyone know of a serial data acquisition into excel for ccs?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:13 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,
I've used StampDAQ in the past for serial data acquisition into excel using PIC Basic pro compiler. I have tried sending data in the same format using printf statements, however it does seem to work. It shows that the macro is receiving data but does not display anything. I have found the StampDAQ macro very sensitive to the correct format and baud rate. Also the stampDAQ macro relies on the SEROUT command, so there might be some timing issues as well with the printf statement.

Anyways, does anyone know a similar program that can be used with ccs? Or if you think StampDAQ can work, please let me know where I'm going wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:46 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

You don't mention your level of expertise on either the PIC side, or the PC side, but for a lot of folks this would be a trivial project - say 3 to 4 hours max. I'm familiar with VB6, so I'd write a small program to read data from the serial port (sent by the PIC), and then compose the data into an excel spreadsheet format.

Any help?

Doug
jma_1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:37 am     Reply with quote

Howdy,

You might want to check out a

http://realterm.sourceforge.net/realterm_from_excel.html

It is a terminal program with Active X examples on capturing data to Excel. There are also links from the main page for Perl and Matlab.

http://realterm.sourceforge.net/

I do not know the StampDAQ, but this program and scripts might be useful.

Cheers,
JMA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: