CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

gsm mobile interface to pic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vijay s

gsm mobile interface to pic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:31 pm     Reply with quote

hai.. i need a help to interface gsm mobile with pic microcontrollers for my project.. please any one help me with drivers and code
ckielstra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:01 am     Reply with quote

Your question is not detailed enough.
The interface to every brand of mobiles is different, which mobile are you using? Do you want to use Text messages (SMS), FAX, speech, raw data, internet, or all them?

Have you tried the search function of this forum? This topic has come up several times before. Also have look at the website or forum for your mobile.
vijay s

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:18 am     Reply with quote

i need to use text message for my project.. i have sony ericsson mobile.. and i'm new to this field ..can you help me with driver and codes
ckielstra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:25 am     Reply with quote

I can give you some hints but I know nothing of the Sony Ericsson telephones.

The basic commands to control the telephone are the same for all manufacturers and are described in the ETSI GSM 07.07 standard and a few other documents. The commands are called 'AT'-commands because these are the two letters that every command starts with. For example the command to send an SMS is 'AT+CMGS'.

Every manufacturer has added their own commands to the standard set, so it is best to find the AT Commands Reference Manual for your specific model. Using Google and the keywords: ericsson "AT command" reference
I found the following link: http://developer.sonyericsson.com/getDocument.do?docId=65054
This is a zip file with 5 AT Command Reference manuals for the telephones produced in 2003 - 2007.

For more documents and a good discussion forum: http://developer.sonyericsson.com/

For experimenting it is best to connect your phone to your PC first. Check the manual of your phone for how to do this. Type the commands by hand and see what happens. Only when you have this working start thinking about connecting your telephone to the PIC.

Tip 1: use a telephone with a serial RS-232 cable. A phone with a USB cable is (almost) impossible to connect to a PIC processor.
Tip 2: Search this CCS forum with the keyword 'CMGS' for other people using SMS on a PIC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: