CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC24H

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Johnson

PIC24H
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:05 pm     Reply with quote

Hi All -

Thinking of using a a PIC24H in a new project, and I'm wondering if the CCS compiler (latest V4.xxx) is up to it.

I'd appreciate comments from all who have used this compiler with 24H chips.

Thanks, and a Merry Christmas to all ! ! !

Ken
Storic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:35 pm     Reply with quote

I am using the 24J namely the 24FJ64GA004 mainly for the ability to have the peripherals remapped, RTTC, in a QFN package.

earlier, I was unable to use the new V4 as there were many features not working, however now with the version V4.064 Most of what I need is working. I reported several undocumented features to CCS tech support that had a fix within days.

I would expect if you had an undocumented features when trying the 24H series, CCS tech support would make the fix,

Try writing some code fro the 24H micro you want to use, there are some difference to the code on the 18F and 24 series as an example set up timer 2

18F series timer 2 setup "setup_timer_2"
24F series timer 2 setup "setup_timer2"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:10 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks Storic

This is (sort of) good news. I have a working 18F8722 project which I've been trying for several months to compile/run on a dsPIC30F6010A (conditional compiles for the diffs), but it will not work. I, too, have worked hard at submitting small demo programs of "undocumented features" to ccs, and several have been fixed, but too many remain.

You mentioned "Most of what I need is working" - can you elaborate on what is NOT working? I'd like to compare notes.

Of course I won't get much done over the next week to 10 days, but hope to get back onto this seriously in early January.

Thanks again,
Ken
Storic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:34 am     Reply with quote

Output Compare is now working, all 5 OC1, OC2, OC3, OC4, OC5, able to use Pin-select feature (move peripherals to selected pins, ie OC, RS232, SPI) Analog input.

Still yet to test, Interrupts, low power function on power loss, SPI flash and the RTCC,

When I said most, I was more referring to general function,
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: