CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

External memory access using PIC18F97J60

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nazoa

External memory access using PIC18F97J60
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:23 pm     Reply with quote

Hello, I have an application that requires 128K of external RAM. Speed of access is critical so I am trying to find out the best way to implement the memory. The memory is for data only and byte access is all that is required.

The PIC18F97J60 supports external memory and I wondered if anyone knows how efficient (in terms of speed of execution) the CCS compiler code implements external memory read and write. All I need is an idea of how many clock cycles will be needed to read and write a single byte.

Thanks!
SET

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:49 pm     Reply with quote

The CCS external memory routines use table read/ table writes, so probably best to study how they work in the PIC18Fxxx architecture.

I have implemented external memory and it works 'pretty fast' but I cant give you exact figures, you need to do the numbers Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: