CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

dsPIC30 compiler problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwhiten

dsPIC30 compiler problems
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:57 am     Reply with quote

I am working a project with a 30F6012A. So far these two issues (bugs) have popped up:
The internal clock frequency is not programmable using the #use delay(internal=xxxxxxxxx) as shown in the PCD manual. The statement will not compile as it tells me there is no internal oscillator. Rolling Eyes

The rtos functions appear to be completely unusable at this point as they do compile but the program skips right over the rtos_run() command and starts main() again.

I have reported both as bugs with no helpful customer support response as of yet.

I am using PCWHD v4.058. Any one have any experience getting past these dsPIC30 series problems?
Ken Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:05 pm     Reply with quote

I have a project that runs on an 18F8722. Using conditional compiles to change I/O assignments and the device header file, I try to run it on a 30F6010A. Each time CCS releases a new version, I try again, but have never had it run past some simple initialization - it restarts at main just as you have described. When I pin down an error with some simple example, they fix that, but then something else is broke. I keep hoping, but it sure is disappointing, to say the least.

Good luck with your project !
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: