CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

I/O tab in v4 project wizard broken?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcsquire

I/O tab in v4 project wizard broken?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:53 am     Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm a rank newbie with the CCS compiler...just bought & updated v4.045. I'm kinda confused about a number of oddities with it, but here's one for starters: when I use the wizard to configure my I/O pins,

1) when I give new names to pins, the code tab correctly shows the appropriate #DEFINEs, but these never appear in the .h or .c
2) the default directions seem odd; using an 18F1320, for example, every pin defaults to an input except A3 which defaults to an output. I understand why the MEMRST A5 can only be an input, but not why A3 should be singled out with a different default.
3) Regardless of the directions I set the pins in the I/O wizard tab, no set_tris code is shown in the code tab, and no set_tris code is placed in the .c file generated.

Am I wrong or is the IDE? It's kinda disturbing to get these sort of basic errors when starting out with an unfamiliar compiler, especially if its at its 45th release. If these are bugs, then do posting them here get them noticed, or do I have to post them somewhere else? Or are the wizards just for newbies anyway, so I should I just learn to hand code the setup myself?

- Jim
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:25 am     Reply with quote

The defines should appear in the project.h file.Works OK for me, on 4.042
Remember that unless you specify to use fixed_io, or fast_io, TRIS handling is done automatically, and invisibly. The specification changes the default value loaded by the compiler in its handling of the TRIS, doesn't add a visible TRIS value.
If you check here, you will find that this is not really the 45th release. To my mind, the V4 compiler, just about reached a useable 'beta', around the .030, and the versions before this should never have been offered for general use. It is currently useable, but is still pretty bug ridden...
Have you setup the ADC?. If you configure the ADC to use Vref, then you can't program the Vref pin (A3), except as an output - which disables it's ADC function. If you haven't, then it may be that the wizard is assuming you have...
I'd suspect I'm afraid that this is a new set of bugs with the tweaks to the IDE that CCS seem determined to concentrate on... :(
If you have access to a slightly older compiler release, try this instead.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: