CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

how to write data in internal EEPROM of 16f913

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepakomanna

how to write data in internal EEPROM of 16f913
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:03 am     Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
here i am using 16f913, MPLAB 7.5 Ver. & CCS PCM C Compiler, Version 3.249, 34534.
Here i want to store data in internal EEPROM every 6 minute.
So how to write & read data .If write fails how to
check wheather data is written. And if that location is damaged then how can i check
that meory location is damaged.
plz reply .
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:13 am     Reply with quote

Generate a checksum, and store this as well.
Then if the checksum does not match the data, you have a problem, and it becomes a matter of diagnosing the nature of the problem.
One test would then be to write a 'new' set at this point, and if the new set works, then the odds are the original problem was a power fail.

However consider a different approach.
Store the data in RAM.
Add a 'power fail' detector, that signals the processor when the external supply fails.
Add sufficient capacitance on the internal supply line, to maintain the supply, and write all the bytes _after_ a power fail is indicated.
This way, the data is only written when the power fails, and you know there is enough time to do this.

Even at one write every six minutes, the minimum write 'life' of the EEPROM, would get used in just over a year. Better to design to avoid this...

I do this on a motor controller unit counting pages on high speed printing presses. I store the data, as an 8,4 Hamming code, written after power failure. This allows recovery if bits are lost in the storage. Some of these units started working over ten years ago, and have never lost a count, in some cases pushing over 60000 rev/hour.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: