CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Graphic LCD project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljbeng

Graphic LCD project
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:02 am     Reply with quote

We are starting a new project that includes a PIC with USB and a graphic lcd. We are looking for a 8" diagonal (or similar) color lcd with touch screen.

I just wanted to touch base with anyone who has completed a similar project and what brand lcd they used. This will be outdoors but enclosed in a weather tight box. It will be an operator interface for another computer.

Any comments/experiences with using the PIC with a large graphic lcd will be welcome.

Thank you.
kevcon

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:14 am     Reply with quote

Drving an LCD that big is a tall order with a PIC.

I would look at using a processor with built in interface for the lcd and touch screen like an ARM or using an FPGA with an IP core.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:44 pm     Reply with quote

Unless the LCD has it´s own video processor (not common in big LCDs) you are completely screwed. Even if it has a video processor the task will be hard unledd you need to refresh only a few % of the screen per second. And you will need a lot of ram......

Use a smaller LCD or a bigger processor (or a FPGA... i´ve done that route).
grasspuddle

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:08 pm     Reply with quote

I've completed a project using 'Amulet Technologies' and their LCD touchscreens. It is the easiest touchscreen i've worked with. Uses serial communication to send/receive commands, and has an html type of coding for the touchscreen. It has its own uprocessor so it doesn't overload the pic. Their screens come in 5" and 3" sizes. You didn't say how graphic intense it needs to be, but it does support graphics. Last time I checked they dont have full color screens yet.
inservi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:11 am     Reply with quote

Hello,

i'm trying a touch screen like the Amulet Technologies' the 'C-more Micro graphic panel' . It look a few more professional and less expansive. Look at [url]http://c-more.automationdirect.com[/url]
I'm trying the EA1-S3ML witch cost 189$ for about 3". There are some bigger model as a 5.7" STN
15 shades of gray for 395$ or a 8.4" TFT
65,536 Colors for 975$.

dro.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: