CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

18F252 and CCS Bootloader.c

View previous topic :: View next topic  
championx

18F252 and CCS Bootloader.c
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:00 pm     Reply with quote

Hi! im using the bootloader.c file to implement a bootloader on a 18F252 , but i get timeout error (siow.exe)

I did not chaged the bootloader.c code (only changed 18F452 to 18F252) anyone have this bootloader working?

thanks!
miky

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:15 pm     Reply with quote

Hi, I am using TinyBootLoader, v1.9.3, it is only 100bytes long and works with 16f88, 16f876,7, 18f252,452...
Miky
RolandAldridge

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:24 am     Reply with quote

I've been struggling with a PIC18F2525, trying to do the same thing.

If I start the CCS compiler, and use the ICD-U40, I can download the bootloader into the chip, start it up, and then use SIOW to place my application program into the chip. This all does appear to work. I don't get a time out.

Make sure you've got the RS232 settings in the SIOW the same as the bootloader expects - typically 9600 baud, 8 bits, 1 stop, no flow control. By default mine was set to 4800 baud, which of course didn't work.

Now I have the problem, how to start the application program? According to a CCS guy, one needs to load the bootloader into the chip with a programmer, not the ICD-U40 (though why the hell I have no idea). Then download the application code. That's today's project. Does the ICD-U40 with the CCS debugger understand this? No doubt this will become clear eventually.

Is there a tutorial on how to use a bootloader written in words of one or possibly even two syllables for idiots like myself to comprehend? So far it seems that one has to figure it out the old fashioned way - stop when blood appears on the forehead.

Roland
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: