CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Documentation Generation feature of the CCS IDE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foppie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Documentation Generation feature of the CCS IDE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:28 am     Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone had an usefull example for the generate documentation feature of the CCS IDE. I understand the basics of the feature but I cannot get it to work. I think I am doing something wrong in the comments in my .c-file. Also the help-file doesn't make if much clearer on what I am doing wrong.
I am using version 4.023 of the IDE.

Cheers, Jos
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:08 am     Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't answer your question diresctly. But I would like to mention Doxygen. It's open source, and it's safe to say that it became an industry standard.

Some folks are using it successfully with CCS http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28872

Last edited by kender on Wed May 09, 2007 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Foppie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:45 am     Reply with quote

Hi Kender,

thanks for your reply, I have looked into doxygen but I think the CCS documentation generator is for my case more promising. I would really like to use it so I am hoping someone can give me an example of how to use it.

Cheers, Jos
tpm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:35 pm     Reply with quote

Any progress on getting this to work? I tried it this afternoon for the first time and cannot get any template variable to fill in.

Tim
DavidHudd

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:05 am     Reply with quote

I have had the same problem. I have entered the exact labels in the code as shown in the manual (e.g. //*PURPOSE blah blah) but this is not placed in the documentation.
Has anyone used this feature? If so could you post an example.
The help files are not very "helpful"
Thanks,
David
jventerprises

Doc Generation
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:40 pm     Reply with quote

I have the same problem, most of the fields do not fill in. maybe it is a 'work in progress'...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:53 pm     Reply with quote

There is also a problem with the format source functions. On the longer programs I have it just hangs and never completes to the point I have to blow away CCS and restart the program.

I have sent the bug and the complete program code to CCS twice and they have not bothered to reply or fix the problem, it still hangs on the same code.

So apparently there are a few problems they have left to address and this area is a low priority on their list.. (somewhere in the future I hope?)
robhol

Doc gen
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:49 am     Reply with quote

Hello!

I wake-up this thread and ask the same question - does this generator work with the supplied template?

The help does not help much, in fact nearly not at all! Is there a manual somewhere how to code the source code to be understandable for the generator? Is there any description for how to modify the template that you know about? Or maybe I should ask, is there anybody using the doc gen at all?

For me it doesn't seem that CCS even has tested it once...

Maybe it was a mistake to buy the PCW. I have used PCM in MPLAB for long without trouble.

/Rob

PS I have the 4.141 version of the IDE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: