CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

temperature controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moon

temperature controller
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:54 am     Reply with quote

i would like to control a heater with pid controller output,in away that the number of cycles that the heater is on is determined by the pid controller output ,i will use a zero cross detection to determine where the ac sine signal will cross zero.please how can i use interrupt to do so Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:03 am     Reply with quote

PLEASE HELP ME I USE THE PIC16F877
Neutone

Re: temperature controller
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:31 pm     Reply with quote

moon wrote:
i would like to control a heater with pid controller output,in away that the number of cycles that the heater is on is determined by the pid controller output ,i will use a zero cross detection to determine where the ac sine signal will cross zero.please how can i use interrupt to do so Rolling Eyes

A better approach would be to detect zero crossing with the external interrupt pin and then set a timer to go off after a variable interval. When the timer goes off pulse a triac to turn on power. When zero crossing occurs power is automatically turned off by the triac. You only need to modulate the timer interval. This is a cheep and effective way to control power. This is used in lighting a lot to control intensity. Lights and heaters are nearly the same.

If you must operate in complete half waves just turn the heater on and off at zero crossing. PID output can be true false.
MOON

HELP ME
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:54 am     Reply with quote

ITHANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER ,BUT I AM A BIGGENER IN BROGRAMMING SO PLEASE GIVE ME THE CODE FOR THE INTERRUPT KNOWING THAT I AM USING THE FULL WAVE AC SIGNAL Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: