CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

compiling error

View previous topic :: View next topic  

compiling error
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:13 am     Reply with quote

I'm using PCWH 4.023 to compile my c program through MPLAB IDE v7.50 enviroment
After compiling my program about 4-5 times, a dialogue box with the below text will appear and the IDE closes.

the application at "0x74725b41" referenced memory at "0x00000002". The memory could not be "read".

What's wrong?
KaraMuraT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:55 am     Reply with quote

Did you try to use MPLab 7.51? If you installed while the 7.50 is installed and then removed, 7.50 can cause such troubles.

Just remove everthing about MPLab and then reinstall 7.50. And never install 7.51 It's the most buggy MPLab version I've ever seen.

And another idea.. Sometimes CCSC.exe can stop responding but sits in the memory. This can cause such memory exceptions for MPLab. Just open the Task Manager and find CCSC.exe in the processes list and remove from the memory.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:07 pm     Reply with quote

I beleive that there are quite a few bugs left to fix in MLPLAB v7.5x. I have the same problems as you do (and many more) but it appears to have nothing to do with the CCS Compiler. Sometimes MPLAB crashes if I try to open a file directly after startup. It appears to crash randomly, but at least five times a day, messing up the project so I need to make a new one and set all the config bits (guess how glad i am when I've made a new project for the fifth time).

I've contacted Microchip support, they claim that they never heard the problem before... They guess it may have something to do with my computer configuration or windows environment. I have MPLAB with CCS Compiler (PCWH 3.245) both at work and at home. At work it crashes at least five times a day but never at home (I wish it was the other way around). I've tried to remove all of v7.50 components and installed v7.52. It actually works a little bit better, but it still crashes a few times a day.
kevcon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:45 am     Reply with quote

I'm using MPLAB 7.52 and CCS 4.027 and MPLAB crashes every time after about 20 compiles.

I just did a test using with an assembly file just using MPASM and had no crashes after 50+ compiles, I'm wondering if the CCS pulgin has a stack overflow problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: