CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Ccsc.exe under Linux/wine. Line numbers offset.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonb

Ccsc.exe under Linux/wine. Line numbers offset.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:06 am     Reply with quote

I have the Windows compiler working under Wine/Linux however there is a minor problem.

Whatever line numbers the compilier refers to in the error reports or files it feeds to MPLAB (also working under Wine), there seems to be an offset. On the project I am working on this is 7 lines difference. This is something I can live with for just compiliing but MPLAB simulations get a little bit difficult to grapple with.

I know I am in "seriously unsupported" territory here but I'm just curious to know if anyone has any idea why the line numbers get offset like this. It isn't a problem that is universal to all Windows programs running under Wine otherwise MPLAB would have the same offset.

If I compile the exact same source files in Windows under kqemu then everything is fine, but I prefer using Wine because it is faster, less RAM needed and closer to other things on the desktop.

I am using wine-0.9.23-1.pclo2005.mde on PCLinuxOS 0.93. I used winecfg to create the .wine tree.

Why didn't I just buy the Linux compiler? Well...

Only the IDE features all three compilers, 12 bit, 14bit and 18 series,
    The IDE is only available for Windows,
    The IDE seemed like better value for money overall,
    I'm the only one who is mad enough to use Linux for everything. The license should be useable by other employees in my absence.

Regards...
mbge5amw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:18 am     Reply with quote

I can throw in a fairly uneducated guess:

As I recall Unix systems are more particular about files ending with a blank line than Windows systems.

Perhaps the line number offset is a result of whether or not any included header files end with a blank line.

You could put in a couple of dummy header files, either with or without a blank final line, then see if the line number offset varies.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: