CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

[ot]Parallel port programmer ICSP Programmer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vsmguy

[ot]Parallel port programmer ICSP Programmer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:46 am     Reply with quote

Does anyone have schematics for a parallel port programmer which allows ICSP and proven to work with laptop parallel ports ?
vsmguy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:07 pm     Reply with quote

Lots of people already viewed this thread but not a single person replied back Smile

By the looks of this... I will be happy if I could get schematics to a USB based programmer (NOT an ICD2) which can do atleast 16f/18fs and not just 18f.

Now wait a moment... the design should be open/ nothing proprietary please.... such things become outdated very fast.
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:41 pm     Reply with quote

Look at this forum (the link goes to the microcontroller section) There's a number of programmers designs (for PICs and others).

Last edited by kender on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
ckielstra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:31 pm     Reply with quote

You probably didn't get a response because like you already mentioned it is a bit of topic. Using Google it is very easy to find these schematics, I guessed you would try this when no answers came up. Using the keywords "PIC programmer schematic" I found lots of good links.

A very simple and proven schematic I found was: Byron Jeff's PIC Page. His Trivial LVP programmer is based on David Tait's programmer

Note that with an LVP programmer design you have to assing the PIC LVP-pin to be used for programming only, the pin is not available for normal I/O. That's why all commercial programmers are of the High Voltage type, they don't use the LVP pin, leaving one more pin free for your application. On Byron Jeff's page you will find an adaption to his schematic turning it into a High Voltage Programmer.

Hint: the 13V for a High Voltage programmer can be generated by a MAX232 driver chip.
vsmguy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:15 am     Reply with quote

Oh no... I always google before asking questions...

The thing is I am asking specifically for a ICSP NONLVP Programmer which has WORKED on someone's laptop paralle port.

Of all the designs I saw, Microchip had a AN589 programmer which everyone likes to dislike.

I built one using a SN7407 and it did nothing.. I built my own 13v power supply using the 7812 with two 1n4148s to get the drop.

It did not work... the page I don't remember exactly.... if someone wants to verify I will fish it out.

The point is, I want to use a tested design.

Oh... and it should definitely program the 877a and 4550
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: