CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

A new Flexible FAT16 driver released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imanjl

A new Flexible FAT16 driver released
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:50 am     Reply with quote

They are so many posts here about fat16 driver and MMC card but still many people having problem about fat16 implementaion on PIC .

A new website recently releases a new driver for fat16,although it was done by other companies before but this driver has some unique features and well documented. Hope that it helps someone .

there is an examples here : (for more info click the link above)

Last edited by Imanjl on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:58 am; edited 2 times in total
asmallri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:17 am     Reply with quote

You might want to check out my FAT implementation. It supports FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 plus directories, more file primitives test code etc

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
Imanjl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:06 pm     Reply with quote

asmallri wrote:
You might want to check out my FAT implementation

I think this is an informative forum and we are here to share our ideas and solve our problems about ccs compiler and PICs .
This is not a place to compare a product with another one besides every program has its own features and customers .
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:45 am     Reply with quote

Imanjl wrote:
asmallri wrote:
You might want to check out my FAT implementation

I think this is an informative forum and we are here to share our ideas and solve our problems about ccs compiler and PICs .
This is not a place to compare a product with another one besides every program has its own features and customers .

What's the difference between sharing ideas and comparing products? There is no difference.

If you want to advertise your product then you have to expect other people to point out your competition.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Also when it comes to FAT file systems you may consider a
stand alone chip.
http://chipdos.com/index.htm
http://www.ghielectronics.com/products.php?PHPSESSID=0f93e2e220601da28d7714f3fdd67e53
Imanjl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:32 pm     Reply with quote

treitmey wrote:
Also when it comes to FAT file systems you may consider a stand alone chip

Nice info about stand alone chips ..I never heard about them before
But I think they are not available in everywhere ,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:05 am     Reply with quote

asmallri wrote:
You might want to check out my FAT implementation. It supports FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 plus directories, more file primitives test code etc

Nice way to hijack a thread and crap in it. No points there. If you want your software to be reviewed you should start your own thread.

Next time try to offer up some constructive criticism.

Peace,
Aram
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:42 am     Reply with quote

Hijack the thread ?

Your initial post is in violation of the forum rules, which say:
Quote:
No spamming or solicitation of your services and products for sale.

See policy #8 at this link:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26245

What's on your website ? This:
Quote:

PRICE
35 EURO

You are in no way the injured party here. You don't have the right
to chew people out, since you're in outright violation of the forum policy.
Douglas Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 pm     Reply with quote

Well when it comes to forum violations it appears Imanjl was first and asmallri second. Many in the US believe FAT12/16/32 is owned by Microsoft and new files or formatting can only be written especially in a commercial product with their legal permission.
If this advice is correct then not only may have Imanjl and asmallri crossed the line on forum rules but they may have crossed the line on ownership laws if they don't have a license from Microsoft. If the product code that writes and formats FAT was given away at no cost there could still possibly be a legal issue. Buying a potentially illegal product from offshore vendors doesn't relieve a US citizen from strict compliance with US laws. US law is extraterritorial and requires compliance of all US citizens where ever they may be residing or whatever they may be doing.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:43 pm     Reply with quote

But asmallri usually mentions his site incidentally, as a sigline.
He doesn't start threads to promote his product. He also
contributes to the forum with a high level of knowledge.
Douglas Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:58 pm     Reply with quote

I understand the desire not to write tickets but technically the forum rules don't say that if you contribute alot then they don't apply to you. Yes I know the Pope could probably get away with speeding to Sunday Mass because

1) he is the Pope and
2) has contributed to a lot of Sunday Masses
but technically speaking speeding is speeding.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:05 pm     Reply with quote

PCM programmer wrote:
Hijack the thread ?

Your initial post is in violation of the forum rules, which say:
Quote:
No spamming or solicitation of your services and products for sale.

See policy #8 at this link:
.......THE CCS INFO POLICY
What's on your website ? This:
Quote:

PRICE
35 EURO

You are in no way the injured party here. You don't have the right
to chew people out, since you're in outright violation of the forum policy.

Dear PCM Programmer,
Please do not mix me with the topic starter of the post since I have no "Initial Post" advertising any product for sale implicitly or explicitly. I'm not even a chip programmer, i do know about File allocation'n'stuff but my programming abilities are limited to softwares running on pc.

btw,
I see no genuine reason in Imanjl's posts leading to his ownership of the product. Why do you think it would be his?

Regards,
Aram

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

Oh and btw,

the word that appeared as spam in my previous reply is actually a_d_v_e_r_t_i_s_i_n_g without underline!!! Shocked

PEACE, Smile
Aram
libor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:44 pm     Reply with quote

Douglas Kennedy wrote:
Many in the US believe FAT12/16/32 is owned by Microsoft and new files or formatting can only be written especially in a commercial product with their legal permission.

Microsoft FAT patent rejected (30 September 2004)
Microsoft FAT patent rejected - again (5 October 2005)
Microsoft wins FAT patent case - 11 Januar 2006

Should a hobbyist take all this seriously ? If yes, how much royalty is due for a breadboard MP3 player reading files from a FAT formatted media ? Or what about the products manufactured between two contradictory rulings ?

btw. what about the other famous Microsoft patent, the double click ? A long-long time before Microsoft was founded - I remember a label on my grandmothers doorbell button saying: one ring - for grandpa, two rings - postman. Do you think she should sue Microsoft ?

I would appreciate some clues written in plain english, that should we all really spend a lot of our time scanning thru millions of patents whether a solution we think ridiculously obvious (like double clicking a button on a user interface device we are writing a firmware for) has already been 'invented' and try to circumvent it with a button that would need 3 clicks, 4 kicks, and 7 kisses* (in this order) to get into a menu, just to be sure we do not infringe any patent.

*don't you ever think stealing my 'sensual UI', I am patenting it right now :-)
libor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:33 pm     Reply with quote

follow-up:

Microsoft was granted a patent for double-clicking and long-pressing on 27th April 2004. The patent in question is 6,727,830 and says, amongst other stuff: 'A default function for an application is launched if the button is pressed for a short, i.e., normal, period of time. An alternative function of the application is launched if the button is pressed for a long, (e.g., at least one second), period of time. Still another function can be launched if the application button is pressed multiple times within a short period of time, e.g., double click'

I am using these features in commercial products of my company, especially the 'long press' feature is used to get into the setup menu. In most cases a numeric-value-setting routine switches to fast-forward when the UP or DOWN buttons are pressed for long time. I see this not only in my products, but in many-many other devices in the industry. It became a long-long time ago a 'standard'.

I remember many digital watches (since the 70s) in the time setting mode to switch to fast-forward mode after the setting button is held down for more then a certain time. How can it happen, Microsoft can be granted a patent for this nowadays ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: