CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

NEW version DOES mean NEW bugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abraxas

NEW version DOES mean NEW bugs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:20 am     Reply with quote

Always, is that normal that after each release of a version, we're getting new bugs? I'm getting tired of all these new bugs. I'm now using 4.021, and for example : in 4.020 I was able to compile older code correctly, NOW, with 4.021 half of my projects are not building themselves ?

The "microsoft" approach of : release the fastest and let the user find all the bugs" is not really the best approach

I'm an intensive user of CCS, In fact I'm and engineer who devellop several codes, but the problem is that I lose praticly 10% of time with all the problems with the compiler.

That was just a review

I had to talk to someone ( what a relief ! lol )
Assen

Re: NEW version DOES mean NEW bugs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 am     Reply with quote

One more argument to stay with "the old" ver 3.249
10 000 lines of code, no compiler errors and I have no complains at all Cool
GuestFORADAY

I left this crap compiler months ago!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:24 am     Reply with quote

Hi, just poped back to see if CCS had actually started to get thier act together and guess what! on the first page in for forum I see compliants about BUGS in the compiler. lol

I moved to AVR chips about 18months ago simply because this company is like M$ they can't get anything right and charge you for doing it.

I use BASCOM AVR it's brilliant, easy reliable. do your self a favour and dump these guys.

Cya in 18months or should that be 500 version and 10,000 known bugs, lol
yerpa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:43 pm     Reply with quote

I still use PCM version 2.679 because I have invested too much time in discovering and working around various bugs - many were simply typos in device definition files. Even with bugs, it is infinitely preferable to assembly. My advice is stick to simple C statements - don't compound several operations in a single statement. Also, develop and test your programs incrementally - don't try to write too many lines before testing what you have written. When I look at total hours saved versus assembly, the program was a good value. Your mileage may vary.
abraxas

you see
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:02 pm     Reply with quote

2.679------->WOW, 679 versions before getting something stable ?..euh, weird
yerpa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:22 pm     Reply with quote

No, I'm sure there have been many stable versions. Many compiler releases seem to be done to keep up with Microchip's rapid release cycle for new chips. The chips have had hardware bugs, too. I just keep using the old 2.xxx version because it works very well and I have been too lazy to buy a new one! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: