CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

18F6720 programming problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL

18F6720 programming problem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:39 am     Reply with quote

I have programmed an 18F6720 on a board with a hex file (1) using CCS ICD-U40 but I got verification errors in the program memory from addresses 0001A05C to 0001BFA4. This hex file has programmed successfully on many populated production boards previously using the CCS ICD-U40. Therefore, it is a proven hex file.

The interesting thing is that when I used another test hex file (2) with all the unused flash area filled up with data eg. 0x0000, AND used a different working hex file (3) in turn, the above chip (i.e. same chip) got programmed successfully without any problems. This shows that the above board is not faulty, or is it?

I have repeated the above actions with the Microchip PM3 and Warp13A programmers and the same results occurred.

Note: Hex file 1 and hex file 3 are similar in size and programmed correctly on previous production boards.

Could anyone explain why I cannot program the same chip with the hex file in (1)?
Neutone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:53 am     Reply with quote

I have seen symptoms like that before.

I had a problem once with a program that had more than one constant located in the same memory location. The program compiled without an error but this was a few years ago with an earlier version of the compiler. The programmer appeared to write both constants to the same memory location and then failed to verify the first constant it had written.

It might be worth extracting the HEX that did not verify and compare it to the HEX you were trying to write to the chip. This might give you a better view of the problem.
TL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:26 pm     Reply with quote

Hi Neutone, thanks for your comments. Yes I shall follow your suggestion soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: