CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

18f6722 errata and alternatives

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdWaugh

18f6722 errata and alternatives
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:20 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been using the 18f6722 for a while and have managed to get everything I wanted working (although not always with quite the preformance I would expect). I'm just about to start a new project and was looking through the errata for the part and there are quite a few. Whilst I realise these can mostly be worked around I am wondering if there is a less buggy part out there. Does anyone have any recomendations for something with simlar IO and performance but with less dodgyness? I had a browse through the microchip site and it still seems like the best option.

Also, one of the errata is regarding the use of HIGH interrupts and basically they seem to work round this by not using them and having two low level handlers. Has anyone used this workaround? I've been using HIGH interrupts without it and whilst they work I have had some performance problems ie: data being missed on incoming rs232 at rates higher than 4800 baud. Does this seem like a manifestation of this bug? If I can't do prioritised interrupts that can interrupt lower level ones then the part is much less use to me.

cheers

ed
EdWaugh

No opinions?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:27 am     Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I know someone muct have an opinion on this! I'm not looking for definitive answers although I'm guessing from the lack of responses there is no obvious alternative to the 18f6722 (& family). How about the HIGH interrupts thing? Does anyone know if the CCS compiler is applying this workaround automatically? What performance hit might we expect from it?

cheers

ed
rwyoung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:30 am     Reply with quote

I've been using the PIC18F6525 instead of the 8722 that was originally specified in a design but it isn't exactly a 1:1 replacement part. More a case of, "OK, the 6525 has enough pins and junk to work".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: