CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC18F4685 and ICD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David_K

PIC18F4685 and ICD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:25 pm     Reply with quote

I'm using the PIC18F4685, mostly because it had the largest program space in a tiny QFN package. My final product will have a more sensible micro but I had to start with something and I wanted the most room to grow.

I want to use the ICD but, when I compile with the ICD option I get an error that the it isn't supported on this part. When I look into the device editor it says "none" for the ICD. The data sheet says it's available.

I've looked through the ICD device list and I have to say I'm clueless.
ckielstra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:56 am     Reply with quote

You don't give any information about the development environment and versions you are using.

Are you using the Microchip ICD2 or of one of the CCS ICD models? When using the Microchip ICD2 the most recent drivers are included in the MPLAB environment. I checked the older MPLAB v7.41 and this supports the PIC18F4685.

For the CCS compiler you have a problem. The latest stable version is v3.249 and this doesn't support the PIC18F4685. Your processor model was added in v4.001 but the v4.xxx versions are not stable yet and only for beta testing. As a workaround: in v3.249 select a similar chip or use chipedit.exe to create a new device profile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:05 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry, I have only ever used the Microchip ICD products, I assume everyone knows that... I'm using the ICD2 for this one.

I can't switch to a different micro because this one's already soldered down to a bunch of boards. I'll have to work my way through the device editor and come up with a profile. I guess I'm paying annual maintenance for something, I'll give CCS a call.
David_K

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:35 am     Reply with quote

I requested help from CCS and they sent me a new devices file. I can now compile without errors and use my ICD2.

(I need to remember to log in before I post, that last Guest post was me)

Thanks to CCS Tech Support!

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: