CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC16F628A keep reseting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vector_135

PIC16F628A keep reseting
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:30 pm     Reply with quote

I'm a newbie and I'm running a project using PIC16F628A. Occasionally, my firmware will reset by itself. I have tried checking the hardware but there is no problem with the hardware at all. As far as I know, the only way to reset the firmware is by triggering the MCLR pin on the PIC but there is no connection to that pin. Can someone explain to me what I did wrong?
Charlie U

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:45 pm     Reply with quote

We'll need a bit more information to start working on your problem. Please post the version of your compiler and a small sample program that exhibits the problem and a description of your circuit. We'll need all of the included files as well like the fuses etc. Please use the "code" buttons as you reply. I have been working with the 628A recently, and another of the regulars, PCM Programmer, posts suggestions and great solutions to problems with the 628A as well.

Have you checked to see if you are enabling the WDT? If so, are you clearing it before it "expires" in your program? Also, if you have the Brown out Reset enabled and your power supply falls below the threshold, your processor will reset.

Also, you say that there is no connection to the MCLR pin. Do you have the NOMCLR fuse set?
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:15 pm     Reply with quote

See this thread for links on the "random resets" problem:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27638&start=4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: