CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

just a pic for internet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

just a pic for internet?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:42 am     Reply with quote

hi
i'm italian sorry for my english.

I have a camera whit eterneth input. I can comunicate whit the camera by telnet or hyperterminal.
the camera (is in a remote position) is connected to the interneth lan by acces point wireless.

I want connect pic to the lan and send the command to the camera just by the pic and not by pc ( i want create a inteface without a pc).
Is it possible?
If yes can you explane the steps to follow to make it?
Above all can you explane me how to set for the tcp/ip protocol?
I hope you can help me.
thanks and bye.
asmallri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 am     Reply with quote

Video camera or still camera?

Based on the small amount of information you have given, what you are asking is possible.

I assume that when you csay Hyperterm you mean using the telnet implementation of hyperterm. Yes this is possible.

Does your camera also offer a UDP interface? If so this may be easier as the IP stack required is simpler and smaller.

If you are experienced with IP then can use the free Microchip and CCS IP stacks. You will need to configure it for your application, target hardware platform and perform some coding.

CCS offer a couple of Ethernet development kits with OICs. The newest is the PICENS product using the PIC18F4620 and the Microchip ENC28J60 Ethernet controller. The kit also comes with sample apps (although I have not seen them). If you are experienced with CCS then this is a good option.

If this is for a one-off product commercial project and you are not experienced with developing IP applications you might want to consider outsourcing the project because the learning curve can be steep. There is a lot of difference between a "I can talk to xxx" and a product that mush work continuously on the network.

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:27 am     Reply with quote

thanks a lot for replay.
i'm a student and this work is for my thesis at university.

the camera is a termocamera A40 flyr.
the termocamera comunicate whit the eterneth input by web page. But if you connet the camera in a lan network and you enter whit a pc in the same network you can comunicate whit her by hyper terminal (configurate like telnet) or telnet.
The camera is in a remote position connected whit acces point in wireless connection at the lan network.
I know that i must use enc28j60 and a pic whit lcd to create a intarface to replace the pc.
Can you tel me the steps to start whit this project.
I know to programmer pic 18f in c but i know a bit for tcp/ip protocol.
What you mean for tcp/ip stack? I must make a connection between enc28j60, the pic and the lan network. The stack is a software to implement this connection?
thanks a lot.
jamesjl

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:47 pm     Reply with quote

I needed TCP/IP in my current app and opted for an external TCP/IP module from Digi. It has a simple RS232 interface and was relatively easy to connect to my PIC. It runs on 3.3 volts and I needed 5volts for my LCD display so I needed a bus driver to convert between the two voltages but other than that it was rather simple and I didn't have to worry about the Ethernet or TCP/IP stack at all.

Take a look here, they even have a WiFi version

http://www.digi.com/products/embeddedsolutions/digiconnectme.jsp

Good luck,

Jason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: