CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

USB .INF file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klausdejong

USB .INF file
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:16 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm in the pocess of building a first USB to PC (XPproSP2) connection using a PIC18F4550. I use ex_usb_serial.c and the libaries provided by CCS.

So far I get the following results:

"CCS RS232 Demo" from the Windows device manager. (at the yellow questionmark).

and from the fprintf in the PIC software:

CCS CDC (Virtual RS232) Example
PCH: v3.228
USB connected, waiting for enumaration... "

In my opinion I need the "cdc_NTXP.inf" file to get the thing to work, but I can not find this file on my system.

Does anyone have this file?

Regards,

Klaus de Jong
jspencer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:34 pm     Reply with quote

C:\~\PICC\Drivers\cdc_NTXP.inf is the path to the file. If it is not there then ask CCS support to email you the driver file.
klausdejong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:53 pm     Reply with quote

No, it is not there. But thanks anyway.

Klaus
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:46 am     Reply with quote

You will only have the file, if you bought the USB development kit. CCS will normally send it to you though, if you are going 'DIY' on this.

Best Wishes
klausdejong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:35 am     Reply with quote

Thank you for the information.

I already sent an email to CCS and I hope they will send me the file.

In the USB development kit there is mainly hardware and software I already bought from CCS.

Regards,

Klaus
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:58 am     Reply with quote

The 'prototyping board', comes with the CD, if you already have the cmpiler, and this CD, includes the .inf files, and the drivers for the PC 'end' for the other demos.

Best Wishes
klausdejong

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:43 pm     Reply with quote

I got the "cdc_NTXP.inf" file fom CCS, the USB-communication from PIC18F4550 to PC using USB seems to work now.

Thanks,

Klaus
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm     Reply with quote

The .inf comes with the compiler, he must have an older version that didn't originally have it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:03 am     Reply with quote

It doesn't come with the compiler 'downloads'. The only version I have ever had, was on the CD with the demo board. It has presumably just got 'missed' in the files with the compiler...

Best Wishes
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:56 pm     Reply with quote

I have a couple different compilers installed on my machine (only 1 was from the install cd, the rest are updates from the web) and they all have the .INF in the drivers directory. RJ you should double check - maybe your Windows Explorer is hiding the .INF files. There's also 98/ME .INF files too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:34 am     Reply with quote

No.
My system hides _nothing_. I wouldn't be able to see the version from the CD, if these files were hidden. The new V4 downloads, have these files, but 3.249, doesn't, nor do a half dozen older versions...
I think though, it may be the same problem, as has been raised about the V4 install. Is the download ignoring the path, for these files, so they always end up in the PICC directory, not in the directory for the download?...
I think CCS, need to take some lessons from the 'mainframe' world, and some other PC compilers, on how to make code be truly 'local'. On Delphi for example, I have four compilers, with different versions and none is even aware the other exists. This is vital when code needs to be traceable to what version generated it. Having the install put components in 'fixed' locations, should be made a capital offence in computing!. It would seperate the companies with a well structured instalation from those without...

Best Wishes
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:14 am     Reply with quote

RJ, I don't know what to do to convince you - the .INF files have been in the installs for quite some time.

I also have several compilers installed on my computer with no problem - they don't know about the other installation. The only problem is integration MPLAB, but that's because it only supports on plug-in at once.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: