CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Best version of PCWH right now?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MGP

Best version of PCWH right now?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:48 pm     Reply with quote

I'm starting a new project converting an old PIC 16C design to a PIC18F452 (or 18F4520). The old software was written in BytCraft MPC so it's very similar to CCS but some conversion will be necessary. I don't use most (if any) of the CCS libraries so I don't think that will be an issue.

I haven't been using PCWH for a while so my question is, which version of PCWH is the most stable and generally bug-free right now?

I have kept up my maintenance and have downloaded most all the updates over the past two years.

Thanks for any opinions on the matter. My application is pretty simple but I am hoping to head off any known problems with the compiler that I can.

Matt
newguy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:38 pm     Reply with quote

I've been using 3.236 for quite a while now. No issues so far. I don't trust the newer versions - issues with RAM allocation.
ckielstra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:07 am     Reply with quote

I'm using v3.226 for some time now and am happy with it.
V3.227 changed handling of the PIC18 high priority interrupts (disabled during memcpy and some other functions), otherwise I would upgrade to v3.236.

v3.249... I don't know, it is out there for quite some time now but still considered beta release. It has some known bugs but I don't think anything serious, or otherwise CCS would have come with a new release by now. Wouldn't they? Wink
Anyway I think v2.236 and v2.249 are both good, most bugs in 3.249 are also present in v3.236 so it is up to you.
MGP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:00 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks guys -- Sounds like 3.236 is pretty stable, I'll try it first and then 3.249 if I have any problems.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: