CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

EXTERNAL EEPROM...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mugheesahmed

EXTERNAL EEPROM...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:57 pm     Reply with quote

hello there...

i want to use an external eeprom 12C. i am only a beginner so dont really know where to begin...
can anyone please help me and if u have any links to some good tutorials or help online, do tell me that...

Mughees
arunb

RE:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:33 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

Check the CCS website itself , the example program contains a circuit diagram for using a 24LC04 EEPROM, and also the source code..

thanks
arunb
rnielsen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:35 am     Reply with quote

First of all, select the eeprom you want to start playing with and then get SEVERAL of these for you to learn on. Odds are that you will either wear them out or blow them up experimenting. Then, read the spec. sheet on it, front to back. Learn all you can from it. It should tell you all of the particulars on how to address the eeprom, write to it and read from it. Next, start with a Very simple program to talk to the eeprom. Try to write one byte to it and then read that byte back to see if it made it okay. If you don't have any success then start posting the code that you have tried and we'll try to talk you through it.

From my own experience, I have learned the most when I have tried to do something new and banged my head against the monitor over and over trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong (I can't do that now with my flat panel monitor though Wink ).

Ronald
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: