CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CAN receive interrupts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newguy

CAN receive interrupts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:51 am     Reply with quote

Think I know the answer, but just want to make sure....

If the pic's CAN transceiver's receive filters are set to accept all messages, how will the CAN receive interrupts behave? Assuming, of course, that both receive interrupts are enabled.

Will only one of the interrupts (either RX0 or RX1) see any "action", or will they alternate if one happens to be "full" when the next incoming message arrives?
iso9001

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:31 pm     Reply with quote

Since I don't use interrupts (polling all the way baby!) I don't know for sure but

From what I understand the interrupt is set when the message is loaded into the receive buffer from the message assembly area.

So, if you have accept all and RX0 full, when you get a message in you should get an int flag on CANRX1...

Are you using Mode0? I looked into using interrupts but then realized if I use mode1 on my most active node I have plenty of time for polling and other stuff even in a 100% utilization 1mbps bus.

You didn't say which chip you using (CAN, ECAN, SPI-based CAN) so you might not have a mode1 but personally I disliked the standard CAN that microchip had, too few buffers.... so if thats the case I'd look into a newer chip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: