CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Anyone using the CCS version of the Microchip TCP/IP Stack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anbeyon

Anyone using the CCS version of the Microchip TCP/IP Stack
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:34 am     Reply with quote

Hi

I have been using the PIC-C compiler with the PICENS board and have experienced some problems with one of the example programs.

I have posted here and mailed support but have not had replies to my questions yet.

In the mean time I am wondoering if anyone is using the CCS version of the Microchip stack.

Does it work ?
Do you have any problems ? (How up to date is it - I had a mail from Darren Rook saying it was 1-2 years older)
Would you recommend using it ?
Should I stick to Microchip version ?

Thanks

Anbeyon
rmozer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:02 pm     Reply with quote

For what it is worth, I'm using it or more to the point, trying to use it. Actually it is pretty clean and well documented code. I had to do a lot of work to get it to work with the PPP service I wanted. The code seems to get lost while trying to send something greater than 1K of data to a Telnet client. I'm just starting to look at that problem and it may be of my own doing.

Overall, I think that they did a great job of porting the code and doubt that you would gain anything by sticking with the Microchip version.
anbeyon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:06 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply rmozer.

I asked the question because I am running one of thier examples and the TCP/IP part grinds to a halt very quickly. All other processes continue without problem.

I had previously had a mail from Darren Rook the Moderator here and he had said the stack was ported around 1-2 years ago. So I wondered if it had been kept up to date ?

Especially with thing like the Silicon errata for the ENC28j60 MAC and PHY chip.

If I can make it work I am happy to use it just I don't want to get stuck using old buggy code to start.

I have to develop on a really tight timescale :0)

Thanks again

Anbeyon
Dav

PPP
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:22 pm     Reply with quote

Can you put here your PPP program?
I canīt make work my program
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: