CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Connect LM35D temperature sensor to ADC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STIX

Connect LM35D temperature sensor to ADC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:58 pm     Reply with quote

I have attached a LM35D temperature sensor to pin AN0 on my PIC16F877A microcontroller. The output of the sensor is connected straight to AN0. The sensor measures room temperature and the ADC on the microcontroller will record the information.

There is this problem that I've noticed. When there is no program in the microcontroller and I power up the sensor and microcontroller, the voltage reading I get from the sensor output is roughly the room temperature (i.e. 0.24V indicating 24°C). However, when I put a program on the microcontroller (something like turn on LEDs, I have 2 LEDs connected to pins RB4 and RB7 on the microcontroller), the voltge reading I get from the temperature sensor output is something like 0.456V......I don't think this is right because the room temperature is still 24°C.

Before I attempt to write any ADC code to record the temperature, I want to know if what I'm getting is correct or not. Can anyone tell me if this is some hardware issue or is there a special way to connect the temperature sensor to the microcontroller? Thanks.
rwyoung

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:43 pm     Reply with quote

Consult the data sheet for your particular PIC as to what the PORT A pins do at reset/powerup.

Look at the LST file generated by the compiler to see what it is doing with the PORT A pins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: